We are a national Network Operator CM Value Added Services who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for a Senior Wireless Technicians who looks to move out of the day-to-day installing function and be assisting our support team and onsite technicians within our support desk environment, as well as up skill junior technicians with infield hands-on training.
• You will be trained in the career direction of a technical support function in a service provider environment. In-Field experience is a must when applying for this position. (minimum of 5 years)
• Access to formal training materials and qualifications are provided.
• You should please live within a reasonable distance from Rivonia JHB and have your own transport/ transport will be provided when providing training in-field.
• Salary is negotiable dependent on skills and experience
• Extensive knowledge and infield experience on Wireless Link builds and Power Solutions.
• Expert knowledge and skills in Wireless Networks (5GHz), Microwave, Battery backup solutions, UPS backup power solutions.
• Knowledge and certification of Mikrotik routers or Ubiquiti or Microwave wireless links would be an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of data-networks CAT3/5/6 E, cabinet builds and onsite WIFI solutions.
• Integral understanding of wireless infrastructure builds.
• Ability to work with technical teams and provide remote support to technicians and clients.
• Be able to train junior technicians and promote their abilities to specified criteria.
• Ability to meet immovable deadlines.
• Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Taking initiative to identify and resolve problems
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Troubleshooting of onsite faults with clients and technicians from the support desk environment.
• Assisting all technicians and clients with technical queries on technicalities on site.
• Training of junior technicians infield according to technical standards of the company.
• Configuration of networking equipment.
• Configuration of wireless links.
• Solution scoping and design.
• Liaising with clients to acquire information about faults and confirm resolution
Please send a recent photo along with your CV to the email address provided to apply?